NOTE: On Saturday morning the school grounds are being used for the Falcon 5k road race. For most of the morning the parking lot at the Stadium/Kane Gym side will be closed. The lot is expected to open around 10:30am so you may need to use alternate parking on the school grounds.
Senior Day will be Saturday, April 26th. Player and parent introductions will begin at 11:00am on Bottegal Field followed by the Varsity game at 11:30am vs. Bishop McNamara.
Sign up to help celebrate the Graduating class of 2014 at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094EABAA2A1-2014
If you have any questions contact Wendy Post at email@example.com
Updated: Thu Apr 24 3:35 pm
BETWEEN INNING INFIELD ROUTINE
*** JV & Varsity Players who have not completed their laps by game time tomorrow will NOT be allowed to play in any future games including tomorrows until they've completed them. ***
Players, the Freshman team Infielders was the only set of infielders who turned in the "BETWEEN INNING INFIELD ROUTINE" on Wednesday (4/9) as I requested. The entire JV and Varsity teams (not just the infielders) have 5 laps around the field at your next practice.
Varsity Players who have completed their running:
JV Players who have completed their running:
Updated: Thu Apr 24 1:58 pm
VARSITY - COACH TO PLAYER & PARENT COMMUNICATION
Up Coming Schedule:
4/21 (Monday) - Practice 4:15 - 6:15pm
4/22 (Tuesday) - Practice 4:00 - 6:00pm
4/23 (Wednesday) - Dematha (H)
4/24 (Thursday) - Gonzaga (A)
4/25 (Friday) - No Practice
4/26 (Saturday) - McNamara (H)
4/27 (Sunday) - Off Day
4/28 (Monday) - Ireton
4/29 (Tuesday) - Practice TBD
4/30 (Wednesday) - St. Johns (H)
Updated: Tue Apr 22 11:07 am
JV - COACH TO PLAYER & PARENT COMMUNICATION
Up Coming Schedule:
All JV players have completed running for not turning in infield plan.
4/21 (Mon ) Practice 2:00 - 4:00pm
4/22 (Tuesday) Practice 4:00- 6:00
4/23 (Wednesday) Game vs Dematha (Away) check travel schedule
4/24 (Thursday) Game Game vs Gonzaga (Home) arrive at field immediately after school.
4/25 (Friday) TBD
4/26 (Sat) Game vs McNamara (Home)
4/27 (Sunday) Day off
Jordan Anthony report to JV game
Phil Dao Darrian McAfee Report to Freshman game 4/23
Updated: Tue Apr 22 11:11 pm
FRESHMAN - COACH TO PLAYER & PARENT COMMUNICATION
Up Coming Schedule
4/21 (Monday) - Game @ Gonzaga (Check Travel Schedule)
4/22 (Tuesday) - Game vs. Mt. St. Joe (Home)
4/23 (Wednesday) - Game @ CHEN Bachman Sports Complex (Check Travel Schedule)
4/24 (Thursday) - Practice 3:30pm-5:00pm (meet at cages)
4/25 (Friday) - Game vs. Dematha (Home)
4/26 (Saturday) - Game @ Home
4/27 (Sunday) - OFF DAY
Updated: Wed Apr 23 10:06 pm
Players - Any baseball(s) found in the entire baseball area and gyms by a coach after a teams game or practice will be required to run 5 laps around the field PER ball found at your next teams practice.
3/24/2014 - JV Team - You left 2 baseballs on the field today after your game. You have earned 10 laps around the baseball field at your next practice.
3/25/2014 - JV completed their required laps.
Updated: Wed Mar 26 12:04 pm
COMMUNICATION FROM BASEBALL STAFF TO PLAYERS & PARENTS
The baseball web site will provide the final word / communication between the Baseball Staff and the Players and Parents. Please check the site at least once a day and before heading out for a game or practice. Players will be held accountable to the announcements on the GC Baseball web site.
Updated: Fri Feb 28 1:29 pm
BASEBALL PROGRAM POLICIES, PROCEDURES & DECORUM
Players & Parents
- All communication regarding role on the team and playing time will take place between the player and Head Coach. Players know there is and open door policy with the Head Coach.
- Players are not permitted to object to a call made by an umpire. Any body language or verbal communication by the player with an umpire will necessitate his removal from the game. A second occurrence will result in a 2 week suspension from the team and a third occurrence will result in his permanent removal from the Good Counsel Baseball Program. If a parent disputes or makes any disparaging comment towards an umpire your son will suffer the same consequences as if he made them himself.
- Our players will shake the hand and thank the umpires at the conclusion of every game.
- Parents are not permitted near the dugout during pregame and the game.
- Parents are not permitted on the field or in the dugout before and after games and practices.
- Parents are not permitted to have discussions with their son during a game.
- Parents will not yell instruction to their son during a game. Player will be removed from the game if this occurs.
- We as a program will applaud the successes of our own players but will NOT applaud the mistakes or errors of an opponent. If an opposing player makes a great play lets acknowledge it. Demonstrating this level of praise even in an intense game is a show of love for the purity of the game. It's a show of not only class but of a high baseball IQ and a respect for the game of baseball and the players who dare greatly to play it.
- The baseball web site will provide the final word / communication between the program and the players and parents. Please check the site at least once a day and before heading out for a game or practice.
See "Team Policies" page periodically to keep updated on additions and revisions to these Policies. http://www.goodcounselbaseball.com/main.php?action=policies
Updated: Tue Mar 25 12:07 pm
Good Counsel Baseball Hosts Instructional Clinic
The Good Counsel Baseball program hosted an instructional clinic for youth players in the DC/Baltimore metro area.
Read more >>
Newly Inducted National Honor Society Members
Good Counsel Baseball carries on a proud tradition of academic excellence. Congratulations to our 2012-2013 NHS inductees.
Read more >>
Falcons Take Flight into Leadership
Congratulations to the following baseball program student/athletes who were selected and commisioned as 2012-2013 Xaverian Leaders.
Read more >>