TUESDAY - VARSITY GAME & REMAINING PLAYERS PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Uniform: Game Pants and Shirts will be handed out at the bus. Wear navy blue undershirt, socks and belts. Black cleats. Parents do not buy anything just for these 3 scrimmages, just do the best you can with the gear you have.
Players making trip:
Van Steelant Justin
JV & Freshman Team Players not going to game:
Report to field for practice - 3:30pm-6:00pm
Updated: Tue Mar 11 12:49 am
COMMUNICATION FROM BASEBALL STAFF TO PLAYERS & PARENTS
The baseball web site will provide the final word / communication between the Baseball Staff and the Players and Parents. Please check the site at least once a day and before heading out for a game or practice. Players will be held accountable to the announcements on the GC Baseball web site.
Updated: Fri Feb 28 1:29 pm
Players are to supply their own Navy Blue Batting Helmet. Ms Post will supply you with a Falcon sticker to apply to the front of your helmet.
Updated: Mon Feb 24 7:57 pm
Updated: Fri Feb 21 10:26 pm
BASEBALL UNIFORM AND APPAREL ORDERING
** UPDATE **
To Parents and Players, I am in the process of having the Marlowe Website redone to reflect the following information. Players who make the team will be required to buy a uniform package from the school once the final cuts have been made. There is no need to buy any gear/uniforms to try out for the team. Beyond the required uniform package, players will be required to have mandatory practice and game gear. If a player currently has any of these items, they do not have to purchase new ones. I do not have a firm price on the required package but it should be less than $200. It will take a day or two to get the site changed so please be patient. I have instructed Marlowe Sports to put all previous orders on hold and not to process them. Please check back for further information. Patrick Bates
Updated: Thu Feb 13 2:44 pm
GIVING BACK TO THE BASEBALL COMMUNITY
The Good Counsel Baseball program hosted an instructional clinic for youth players in the DC/Baltimore metro area. Click here to read more.
Updated: Thu Feb 13 2:43 pm
TUESDAY NIGHT ALUMNI SPEAKERS - For Players
1/28/2014: Tyler Post (2013)
2/04/2014: Casey Bulik (2013)
2/11/2014: Antonio Pino (2013)
2/18/2014: Anthony Cangelosi (2013)
Updated: Wed Feb 5 7:34 pm
PARENTS - TYLER POST
I reached out to Tyler Post, a 2013 GC Graduate, in an effort to have him share some of his college experience’s both on and off the field with your young men. He loved the idea because helping others is a part of who he is as a young man so last evening (Tues 1/28) we set him up to face time with all of your guys for about 25 minutes.
The session went extremely well. Tyler’s commentary and his answers to the players questions provided them with insightful and I believe invaluable advice. Only one year removed from High School and Tyler’s already demonstrating signs of being a great role model and mentor to his younger brethren.
He extended himself further by offering an open line of communication to answer any questions he can or be a source of support to your sons when and if the need arises. Tyler’s cell phone # is 301-520-6313 and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: Wed Jan 29 1:35 pm
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY - MARTHA'S TABLE
The GC baseball program has a long tradition of supporting Martha's Table, a non-profit organization providing food for the homeless in the DC metro area. Students prepare sandwiches and drop them off at Good Counsel. This is a GC-approved activity for receiving community service hours.
For more information, click here (Word Document).
Updated: Wed Feb 5 1:52 pm
FRESHMAN, NEW PARENTS & PLAYERS - THE TALENT CODE
Freshman, New Parents & Players,
Please view the following segment which was aired on ABC's Night Line. I believe you'll find it very helpful to your development as a baseball player.
The Talent Code ("Enroll Yourself in the Genius Factory"): http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video?id=8718494
Updated: Wed Feb 5 4:22 pm
IMAGE'S & VIDEO'S OF FUNDAMENTALS
VIDEO'S ON-LINE NOW WORKING 1/20/2014 7:05pm - Coach Lombardozzi. The Technical difficulties have finally been resolved. The videos on-line at doubleplay.net are working as of 1/20/2014 7:05pm.
Players go to http://www.doubleplay.net/images-of-fundamentals.html to view images of Fielding and Hitting Fundamentals. Check back daily as new images are uploaded.
Updated: Sun Feb 2 9:27 pm
SCHEDULE INFO FOR FAMILY PLANNING PURPOSES
Season (starting with Feb 20th - 1st tryout date) - Days off for the sake of family planning:
- All Sundays
- Spring Break - VARSITY & JV TEAMS (April 12-14) - Voluntary practices will be held for players who remain in town during this time. The remainder of Spring Break (April 15-21) players are required to attend all practices (3) and games (3).
- Spring Break - FRESHMAN TEAM (April 18-20) - Voluntary practices will be held for players who remain in town during this time. The remainder of the Spring Break players are required to attend all practices and games.
Entire V, JV & Frosh schedules will be posted once finalized. Check back for revisions.
Updated: Sun Feb 2 9:28 pm
BASEBALL PROGRAM POLICIES, PROCEDURES & DECORUM
Players & Parents
- All communication regarding role on the team and playing time will take place between the player and Head Coach. Players know there is and open door policy with the Head Coach.
- Players are not permitted to object to a call made by an umpire. Any body language or verbal communication by the player with an umpire will necessitate his removal from the game. A second occurrence will result in a 2 week suspension from the team and a third occurrence will result in his permanent removal from the Good Counsel Baseball Program. If a parent disputes or makes any disparaging comment towards an umpire your son will suffer the same consequences as if he made them himself.
- Our players will shake the hand and thank the umpires at the conclusion of every game.
- Parents are not permitted near the dugout during pregame and the game.
- Parents are not permitted to have discussions with their son during a game.
- Parents will not yell instruction to their son during a game. Player will be removed from the game if this occurs.
- We as a program will applaud the successes of our own players but will NOT applaud the mistakes or errors of an opponent. If an opposing player makes a great play lets acknowledge it. Demonstrating this level of praise even in an intense game is a show of love for the purity of the game. It's a show of not only class but of a high baseball IQ and a respect for the game of baseball and the players who dare greatly to play it.
- The baseball web site will provide the final word / communication between the program and the players and parents. Please check the site at least once a day and before heading out for a game or practice.
See "Team Policies" page periodically to keep updated on additions and revisions to these Policies. http://www.goodcounselbaseball.com/main.php?action=policies
Updated: Fri Jan 24 10:35 pm
Good Counsel Baseball Hosts Instructional Clinic
The Good Counsel Baseball program hosted an instructional clinic for youth players in the DC/Baltimore metro area.
Read more >>
Newly Inducted National Honor Society Members
Good Counsel Baseball carries on a proud tradition of academic excellence. Congratulations to our 2012-2013 NHS inductees.
Read more >>
Falcons Take Flight into Leadership
Congratulations to the following baseball program student/athletes who were selected and commisioned as 2012-2013 Xaverian Leaders.
Read more >>