BETWEEN INNING INFIELD ROUTINE
*** JV & Varsity Players who have not completed their laps by game time tomorrow will NOT be allowed to play in any future games including tomorrows until they've completed them. ***
Players, the Freshman team Infielders was the only set of infielders who turned in the "BETWEEN INNING INFIELD ROUTINE" on Wednesday (4/9) as I requested. The entire JV and Varsity teams (not just the infielders) have 5 laps around the field at your next practice.
Varsity Players who have completed their running:
Warren, Kelchner, Weidemeyer, Grass, Fullerton, Scuderi, Boyle, Van Steelant, Salameh, Buonomo, O'Connor, Lozupone, Henry, Miller, Watson, Holtzer, Thomas, Savelson, Schoch
JV Players who have completed their running:
Updated: Wed Apr 23 10:54 am
11:10pm Wednesday, April 23 2014 update: Mrs. Post has not received senior player information sheets from Matt Henry or Ryan Kelchner. Please email them to her as soon as possible.
Senior Day will be Saturday, April 26th. Player and parent introductions will begin at 11:00am on Bottegal Field followed by the Varsity game at 11:30am vs. Bishop McNamara.
Sign up to help celebrate the Graduating class of 2014 at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094EABAA2A1-2014
If you have any questions contact Wendy Post at email@example.com
Updated: Wed Apr 23 11:13 pm
VARSITY - COACH TO PLAYER & PARENT COMMUNICATION
Up Coming Schedule:
4/21 (Monday) - Practice 4:15 - 6:15pm
4/22 (Tuesday) - Practice 4:00 - 6:00pm
4/23 (Wednesday) - Dematha (H)
4/24 (Thursday) - Gonzaga (A)
4/25 (Friday) - No Practice
4/26 (Saturday) - McNamara (H)
4/27 (Sunday) - Off Day
4/28 (Monday) - Ireton
4/29 (Tuesday) - Practice TBD
4/30 (Wednesday) - St. Johns (H)
Updated: Tue Apr 22 11:07 am
JV - COACH TO PLAYER & PARENT COMMUNICATION
Up Coming Schedule:
All JV players have completed running for not turning in infield plan.
4/21 (Mon ) Practice 2:00 - 4:00pm
4/22 (Tuesday) Practice 4:00- 6:00
4/23 (Wednesday) Game vs Dematha (Away) check travel schedule
4/24 (Thursday) Game Game vs Gonzaga (Home) arrive at field immediately after school.
4/25 (Friday) TBD
4/26 (Sat) Game vs McNamara (Home)
4/27 (Sunday) Day off
Jordan Anthony report to JV game
Phil Dao Darrian McAfee Report to Freshman game 4/23
Updated: Tue Apr 22 11:11 pm
FRESHMAN - COACH TO PLAYER & PARENT COMMUNICATION
Up Coming Schedule
4/21 (Monday) - Game @ Gonzaga (Check Travel Schedule)
4/22 (Tuesday) - Game vs. Mt. St. Joe (Home)
4/23 (Wednesday) - Game @ CHEN Bachman Sports Complex (Check Travel Schedule)
4/24 (Thursday) - Practice 3:30pm-5:00pm (meet at cages)
4/25 (Friday) - Game vs. Dematha (Home)
4/26 (Saturday) - Game @ Home
4/27 (Sunday) - OFF DAY
Updated: Wed Apr 23 10:06 pm
Players - Any baseball(s) found in the entire baseball area and gyms by a coach after a teams game or practice will be required to run 5 laps around the field PER ball found at your next teams practice.
3/24/2014 - JV Team - You left 2 baseballs on the field today after your game. You have earned 10 laps around the baseball field at your next practice.
3/25/2014 - JV completed their required laps.
Updated: Wed Mar 26 12:04 pm
Players and parents, if you placed an order and have not received your items please contact Mrs. Post at firstname.lastname@example.org
The cleats have not been delivered, Marlow is working on a solution.
Unfortunately we will be unable to place a supplemental order. Keep in mind the items you are interested in for next years ordering.
Updated: Wed Apr 16 8:15 am
GAME DAY UNIFORMS
HOME - White: Top, Navy: Long and/or Short Sleeve Under Shirts (Short Sleeve Shirt over Long Sleeve if Long Sleeve is used), Belt, Socks. Black: Cleats
AWAY - Navy: Top, Long Sleeve Under Shirt, Belt, Socks. Gold: Short Sleeve Under Shirt over Long Sleeve if Long Sleeve is used. Black: Cleats
FRESHMAN TEAM - Wear the home uniform for every game.
Updated: Sun Mar 23 3:25 pm
COMMUNICATION FROM BASEBALL STAFF TO PLAYERS & PARENTS
The baseball web site will provide the final word / communication between the Baseball Staff and the Players and Parents. Please check the site at least once a day and before heading out for a game or practice. Players will be held accountable to the announcements on the GC Baseball web site.
Updated: Fri Feb 28 1:29 pm
SPRING BREAK - FAMILY TIME
Varsity & JV Parents - It was just brought to my attention (thank you) the school scheduled a Varsity game on the 12th and a JV game on the 14th of April. I’m going to reschedule both of them so the 12th-14th is blocked off for JV & Varsity family time per my earlier commitment to you.
Freshman Team Parents – Your family time of the 18th-20th will remain blocked off for planning sake.
Sorry for the confusion, Coach Lombardozzi
Updated: Tue Mar 18 8:27 pm
PARENTS - TYLER POST
I reached out to Tyler Post, a 2013 GC Graduate, in an effort to have him share some of his college experience’s both on and off the field with your young men. He loved the idea because helping others is a part of who he is as a young man so last evening (Tues 1/28) we set him up to face time with all of your guys for about 25 minutes.
The session went extremely well. Tyler’s commentary and his answers to the players questions provided them with insightful and I believe invaluable advice. Only one year removed from High School and Tyler’s already demonstrating signs of being a great role model and mentor to his younger brethren.
He extended himself further by offering an open line of communication to answer any questions he can or be a source of support to your sons when and if the need arises. Tyler’s cell phone # is 301-520-6313 and his email address is email@example.com.
Updated: Wed Jan 29 1:35 pm
SCHEDULE INFO FOR FAMILY PLANNING PURPOSES
Season (starting with Feb 20th - 1st tryout date) - Days off for the sake of family planning:
- All Sundays
- Spring Break - VARSITY & JV TEAMS (April 12-14) - Voluntary practices will be held for players who remain in town during this time. The remainder of Spring Break (April 15-21) players are required to attend all practices (3) and games (3).
- Spring Break - FRESHMAN TEAM (April 18-20) - Voluntary practices will be held for players who remain in town during this time. The remainder of the Spring Break players are required to attend all practices and games.
Entire V, JV & Frosh schedules will be posted once finalized. Check back for revisions.
Updated: Sun Feb 2 9:28 pm
BASEBALL PROGRAM POLICIES, PROCEDURES & DECORUM
Players & Parents
- All communication regarding role on the team and playing time will take place between the player and Head Coach. Players know there is and open door policy with the Head Coach.
- Players are not permitted to object to a call made by an umpire. Any body language or verbal communication by the player with an umpire will necessitate his removal from the game. A second occurrence will result in a 2 week suspension from the team and a third occurrence will result in his permanent removal from the Good Counsel Baseball Program. If a parent disputes or makes any disparaging comment towards an umpire your son will suffer the same consequences as if he made them himself.
- Our players will shake the hand and thank the umpires at the conclusion of every game.
- Parents are not permitted near the dugout during pregame and the game.
- Parents are not permitted on the field or in the dugout before and after games and practices.
- Parents are not permitted to have discussions with their son during a game.
- Parents will not yell instruction to their son during a game. Player will be removed from the game if this occurs.
- We as a program will applaud the successes of our own players but will NOT applaud the mistakes or errors of an opponent. If an opposing player makes a great play lets acknowledge it. Demonstrating this level of praise even in an intense game is a show of love for the purity of the game. It's a show of not only class but of a high baseball IQ and a respect for the game of baseball and the players who dare greatly to play it.
- The baseball web site will provide the final word / communication between the program and the players and parents. Please check the site at least once a day and before heading out for a game or practice.
See "Team Policies" page periodically to keep updated on additions and revisions to these Policies. http://www.goodcounselbaseball.com/main.php?action=policies
Updated: Tue Mar 25 12:07 pm
Good Counsel Baseball Hosts Instructional Clinic
The Good Counsel Baseball program hosted an instructional clinic for youth players in the DC/Baltimore metro area.
Read more >>
Newly Inducted National Honor Society Members
Good Counsel Baseball carries on a proud tradition of academic excellence. Congratulations to our 2012-2013 NHS inductees.
Read more >>
Falcons Take Flight into Leadership
Congratulations to the following baseball program student/athletes who were selected and commisioned as 2012-2013 Xaverian Leaders.
Read more >>